Legal Issues Council
In-house counsel from supplier member companies discusses business-critical legal issues such as product liability, industry terms and conditions, directed buys, and intellectual property protection. Members of the council weigh in on the ongoing analysis of original equipment manufacturing terms and conditions and discuss topics from other councils from a legal perspective.
Recent Areas of Focus:
- Critical Risk Issues for In-House Counsel
- MEMA Washington, D.C. Policy Update
- Cost Recovery Claims: Risks, Strategies, Perspectives and Best Practices
- Legal Issues Involving Autonomous and Automated Technologies
Networking groups rank as one of the greatest benefits of MEMA membership.
- Recurring meetings provide a regular opportunity to discuss issues of common concern with other executives in similar roles.
- Members gain confidence and clarity and the support they need to be successful in the long term.
- Meetings build powerful community — featuring timely topics, relevant issues, and real conversations with other executives.
- Members learn best practices from their peers through open roundtable discussions and council surveys.
- Surveys are generated at the request of members on topics that directly affect their roles and responsibilities.
Membership is available to the legal executives of Original Equipment (formerly OESA) supplier member companies.
If you’re a supplier member without an internal legal group, the internal person leading your legal efforts (e.g., CFO) is welcome to join.
Annual Membership: $1,100
A list of current council members
Connect with current council members