Marketing Executives Council
The Marketing Executives Council (MEC) provides an opportunity for automotive Aftermarket supplier marketing executives to collaborate on issues facing the North American manufacturer base. The MEC serves a major role in helping Aftermarket suppliers communicate to key audiences and develop communication strategies and action items. This is the first and remains the only council ever created exclusively serving the needs of Aftermarket supplier marketing executives.
The MEC focuses on solving challenges and creating opportunities to improve the image and strength of the North American Aftermarket supplier.
Council meetings serve in the continuing education of new technologies, marketing avenues, trade show activities, research, and other related topics.
The MEC typically meets three times a year — in the spring at our Vision Conference, in the summer at our Member Summit and in the fall at AAPEX. When opportunities present themselves, webinars may also be scheduled in between standard meetings.
- Aaron Schaffer, SMP - Chair
- Mario Garza, Motor Parts of America
- Ana Heinendirk, Schaeffler
- Jacki Lutz, Sensata
Networking groups rank as one of the greatest benefits of MEMA membership.
- Recurring meetings provide a regular opportunity to discuss issues of common concern with other executives in similar roles.
- Members gain confidence and clarity and the support they need to be successful in the long term.
- Meetings build powerful community — featuring timely topics, relevant issues, and real conversations with other executives.
- Members learn best practices from their peers through open roundtable discussions and council surveys.
- Surveys are generated at the request of members on topics that directly affect their roles and responsibilities.
The council exclusively represents the interests of marketing executives of all Aftermarket (formerly AASA, HDMA, MERA) supplier/manufacturer member companies.
- Membership is a company membership, which means that any employee with an interest in or responsibility for the issues addressed by the council is welcome to join.
- In general, meetings are members-only events. From time to time, companies interested in joining are invited to attend to “Kick the Tires” in advance of joining the group.
- A portion of the council’s membership fees are set aside for special initiatives as agreed-upon by the MEC membership.
Annual Membership: $2,100