AASA Board of Governors Announces 2017 Officers, New Members
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. – Joe Pomaranski, vice president and general manager, North American Aftermarket, Tenneco, and Marc Blackman, president and chief executive officer, Gold Eagle Products, will serve as the 2017 chairman and vice chairman respectively of the Board of Governors of the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA), the light vehicle aftermarket division of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA).
New members joining the AASA Board are:
- Kathy Jorge, vice president and general manager, Delphi North America
- Jack Ramsey, senior vice president, North America Aftermarket, Gates Corp.
- Eric Sills, president and chief executive officer, Standard Motor Products Inc.
“We are very fortunate to have the high caliber of leadership and experience that Joe, Marc, Kathy, Jack and Eric will bring to the AASA board as we continue to build on AASA’s mission to advance the business interest of our automotive aftermarket supplier members and the industry as a whole,” said Bill Long, AASA president and COO. “We also wish to recognize and thank our outgoing Chairman David Barbeau, managing director global aftermarket, TI Automotive, and Keith Wilson, president and CEO, MANN + HUMMEL Filtration Technology for their dedication and strong contribution at AASA as they leave the board,” he added.
The following supplier executives continue to serve with distinction on the AASA Board of Governors:
- Mike Carr, vice president and president, North America, Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI)
- Tim Corcoran, managing director, Region North America, ZF TRW Automotive
- Rick Jamieson, president and CEO, ABS Friction
- Rafaat Kureshi, vice president international business and supplier development, Spectrum Brands, Global Auto Care
- Daniel Langdon, president, East Penn Manufacturing Co. / DEKA
- Enrico Manuele, regional president Automotive Aftermarket N.A., Robert Bosch LLC
- Trevor Myers, president and CEO, Gear Technologies
- Jens Schueler, president, Schaeffler Group USA Inc.
Also serving on the AASA board are Steve Handschuh, president and chief executive officer, Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA), and Bill Long, president and COO, AASA.
AASA councils are led by member-experts in their field and serve as a valuable platform for supplier networking, dialogue and industry change to further advance industry and member interests. Leading AASA councils in 2017 are:
- AASA Intellectual Property Council (IPC) – Chairman: Josh Meyer, director strategic planning, Robert Bosch LLC; Vice Chairman: Jack McGrail, business development manager, ZF TRW Automotive
- AASA Technology Council (ATC) – Chairman: Brent Berman, director, training and consumer satisfaction, Federal-Mogul Corp.; Ron Haimbaugh, manager, product and catalog data, SKF; Patrick Enniss, product development manager, MANN+HUMMEL; Matt Carlson, executive director, IT, Tenneco; Lisa Henkel, marketing operations manager, Gates Corp.
- Brake Manufacturers Councils (BMC) – Chairman: Walt Britland, director, aftermarket engineering, Federal-Mogul Motorparts; Secretary: Jack Carney, president and CEO, FDP Virginia Inc.
- China Aftermarket Forum (CAF) – Chairman: Felix Koo, director, aftermarket, Schaeffler Great China
- Marketing Executives Council (MEC) – Chairman: Phil Hutchens, vice president, marketing, Standard Motor Products Inc.
- Modern Industry eXpertise (MiX) – Chairman: Drew Conkling, product marketing manager, belts & accessory component kits, Gates Corp.
- Overseas Automotive Council (OAC) – Chairman: Tim Vehlewald, president and CEO, Vehlewald Advisors LLC; Vice Chairwoman: Sharmila Kakac, international sales and marketing manager, Airtex/ASC Fuel & Water Pumps
NOTE TO MEDIA: Photos of AASA board officers are available upon request by e-mailing email@example.com.
AASA (www.aftermarketsuppliers.org) exclusively serves manufacturers of aftermarket components, tools and equipment, and related products which support 710,000 employees in the United States. AASA is a recognized industry change agent – promoting a collaborative industry environment, providing a forum to address issues and serving as a valued resource for members. AASA is the light vehicle aftermarket division of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA). “AASA, The Voice for the Automotive Aftermarket Supplier Industry”
Contact: Margaret Beck, 919-406-8828 or firstname.lastname@example.org