AASA OES Executive Steering Committee Members Drive Compelling Agenda for the Association’s 2019 OES Special Summit
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. – A group of five motor vehicle supplier professionals representing various product categories and OES channels are driving an agenda featuring leading subject matter experts and thought leaders for the 2019 AASA OES Special Summit. The event is slated for Wednesday, Aug. 14 at The Henry Ford Conference Center, Dearborn, Mich.
Members of the OES Steering Committee are:
- David Williams, director, original equipment service group, DENSO Products and Services Americas
- Brett Benzenbower, sales director, North American OES, Delphi Technologies
- John Hanighen, director, global aftermarket business, Ford Motor Co.
- Matt Kern, director of sales, OE/HD, Prestone
- Norbert Schmelz, global key account manager, ZF Group
“The OES Channel is positioned to grow in magnitude and reach, and many AASA members are preparing to take advantage of this growth,” Williams said. “Our Special Summit will provide a forum for discussing and identifying specific strategies for new business opportunities through OE dealer parts and services business, OEM-branded parts for the independent aftermarket (IAM) and dealer networks, collision and dealer sales to the IAM.” In addition to his work on the OES Steering Committee, Williams also will moderate a panel discussion at the event, exploring the nuances and uniqueness of supplying the OE dealer channel.
“AASA and many of its members are dedicated to the OE service (OES) channel,” said Chris Gardner, AASA senior vice president. “Our inaugural OES Special Summit in 2018 opened an important industry dialogue in this channel, and we will continue the discussions at the 2019 event.”
AASA OES Special Summit attendees will include AASA members, non-member suppliers, OE dealers, OEMs and solution/data providers to this channel. Confirmed speakers and presentations to date include:
- Mario Clementoni of NADA, discussing the current OE dealer business model trends
- “I’ve Seen Life from Both Sides Now,” Mark Thorpe, director, aftersales – business planning and development, Nissan, sharing his experiences as an executive in the independent aftermarket and the OES channel
- Dave Versical, chief of editorial operations, “Automotive News,” facilitating a discussion among OE dealer fixed ops managers about parts and services strategies
- Dave Mestdagh, general director of global product development, General Motors Customer Care and Aftersales, addressing “OEM: Aftersales Product and Brand Strategies”
The AASA OES Special Summit will conclude with a roundtable discussion among attendees of the trends, challenges and objectives that will provide the basis for launch of a new AASA group: OES Council.
More information, including registration and hotel accommodation links, is available here or by contacting Chris Gardner.
The Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (www.aftermarketsuppliers.org) exclusively serves manufacturers of aftermarket components, tools and equipment, and related products, an important part of the automotive parts manufacturing industry which supports 871,000 American jobs. AASA is a recognized industry change agent – promoting a collaborative industry environment, providing a forum to address issues and serving as a valued resource for members. AASA is the light vehicle aftermarket division of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA). “AASA, The Voice for the Automotive Aftermarket Supplier Industry”