Doug Grimm of MPG Is 2016 MEMA Board Chairman
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. – Douglas J. Grimm, president and chief operating officer of MPG Inc., has been elected as chairman of the Board of Directors of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) for 2016.
“It is a great honor to serve as chairman of the MEMA Board of Directors,” Grimm said. “I look forward to working with the board and the association leadership team to continue MEMA’s growth and service to the association’s more than 1,000 member companies and to the supplier industry.”
“Doug and the extraordinary executive group that serves on the MEMA Board are representative of the outstanding member companies of MEMA’s divisions: the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA), the Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association (HDMA), the Motor & Equipment Remanufacturers Association (MERA) and the Original Equipment Suppliers Association (OESA),” said Steve Handschuh, MEMA president and CEO. “As MEMA enters its 112th year of service, its leadership and staff continue to be focused on the success of its members and committed to advancing the business interests of the supplier industry.”
In addition to Grimm, MEMA board officers elected for 2016 are:
- Vice Chairman – Samir Salman, CEO, NAFTA Region, Continental Automotive Systems Inc.
- Vice Chairman – Dan Sceli, president and CEO, Peterson Spring Corp.
- Treasurer – Joseph J. (Joe) McAleese, chairman, Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC
MEMA 2016 Board of Directors also includes:
- Peter Butterfield, chairman and CEO, Omega Environmental Technologies
- Tim Corcoran, managing director, Region North America, ZF Services LLC
- Charley Johnson, president and CEO, BC Partners LLC
- Bill Kozyra, chairman, CEO and president, TI Automotive
- Mike Mansuetti, president, Robert Bosch LLC
- Tim Myers, president, Alcoa Commercial Vehicle Wheels
- Jack Shaffer, president and CEO, Bergstrom Inc.
- James A. Spencer, president, Delphi Electrical & Electronics Sector, and president, Delphi Latin America
- Tom Ward, senior vice president, Snap-on Inc., and president, Repair Systems & Information Group, Snap-on
- Doug Wolma, vice president, global aftermarket operations, Dana Holding Corp.
In addition to the board officers, MEMA officers include:
- Steve Handschuh, president and CEO, MEMA
- John Chalifoux, president and COO, Motor & Equipment Remanufacturers Association (MERA)
- Julie Fream, president and CEO, Original Equipment Suppliers Association (OESA)
- Tim Kraus, president and COO, Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association (HDMA)
- Bill Long, president and COO, Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA)
- Wendy Earp, senior vice president, CFO and secretary, MEMA
- Paul McCarthy, senior vice president, strategy, planning and information services, MEMA
- Ann Wilson, senior vice president, government affairs, MEMA
The Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) represents more than 1,000 companies that manufacture or remanufacture components and systems for use in motor vehicles and equipment in the light vehicle and heavy-duty, on- and off-highway commercial vehicle markets for the original equipment and aftermarket industries. Motor vehicle component manufacturers are the nation’s largest manufacturing sector with a total employment impact of 3.62 million employees – for every direct job in the motor vehicle supplier industry, another five jobs are created. MEMA represents its members through four divisions: Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA), Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association (HDMA), Motor & Equipment Remanufacturers Association (MERA) and Original Equipment Suppliers Association (OESA). For more information on the motor vehicle component supplier industry, visit www.mema.org.