Federated’s Marc Pappas is in the ‘Channel Partner Spotlight’ at the 2018 AASA Technology Conference:
Marc Pappas, respected data and technology expert in the industry, will discuss Federated’s technology initiatives and the outlook for advanced technology developments
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. – Marc Pappas, MAAP, ACP, vice president – data services and e-commerce, Federated Auto Parts, will be the featured speaker in the “Channel Partner Spotlight” at the 2018 Technology Conference, presented by the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA). The event is scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 30, through Tuesday, Oct. 2, in Clearwater, Fla.
Pappas will discuss the technology initiatives and outlook for advanced technology developments from the perspective of one of the leading aftermarket program groups. He is a recognized subject matter expert in the industry and has served on many industry committees dedicated to data and technology standards in the aftermarket.
He has served as Federated’s top executive of data and e-commerce since 2015 and has been a part of the program group’s team since 2013. Pappas also has held various data management positions at Uni-Select USA and Advance Auto Parts. He started his aftermarket career in commercial sales at Mighty Auto Parts.
The AASA Technology Conference is the industry’s leading technology event, attended by IT/IS, engineers, data/catalog managers, customer service, web developers, data analysts, product and marketing managers from suppliers, WDs, retailers, technology and service providers. Participants will learn about major emerging technology trends, compare ideas with manufacturers and channel partners, develop connections with the leading technology executives in the aftermarket and gain strategies to enable their companies to seize opportunities with emerging technologies.
Confirmed presentations and speakers at the 2018 Conference include:
- Member Spotlight -- Osvaldo Gallegos, director, CV & AFM Strategy, Dana Inc.
- Keynote – “3D Printed Car Driven by a Drone?” -- Paul Golata, senior technical content specialist, Mouser Electronics
- Keynote – “Cybercrimes Move in New Directions” -- FBI Supervisory Special Agent Andrew Sekela
- “Does Blockchain Technology Play a Role in the Future IAM?”
- “Current Challenges to Servicing a Modern Vehicle” – Dirk Fuchs, technical training manager, ZF Services
- “Augmented Reality for Repair Shops: Enabling the Aftermarket to Service Complex Vehicles” – Rika Nakazawa, vice president strategy and partnerships, Atheer
- “Self-Healing Vehicles So Soon?” – Zohar Fox, CEO, Aurora Labs
- “AASA Research and Technology Insights” – Bill Newman, strategic industry advisor (chief), NA Automotive Industry, SAP, and Philip Atkins, director, strategic research and planning, AASA
- “Aftermarket Technology Leadership” – Bill Long, AASA president and COO
- “Should the Aftermarket Fear Washington?” -- Ann Wilson, senior vice president, government affairs, Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association
Other Conference features are:
- Heavy Duty, Marketing and Information Technology Tracks;
- The Channel Partner – Supplier Technology Roundtables, facilitated by Dale Hopkins, CIO, Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance, and Kevin Pentecost, information security manager, Standard Motor Products
- The Technology Providers Town Hall
- Live, hands-on demonstrations of the latest technologies including artificial reality / virtual reality (AR/VR), telematics and much more
The Conference’s confirmed sponsors to date include Pricedex Software, Autologue, DSS, Edgenet, Epicor, Experian, IHS Markit, JNPSoft, MAM Software, OptiCat, PhaseZero Ventures, Snap36, Stibo, TecAlliance GmbH, TIE Kinetix and WHI Solution. Contact Ben Brucato for more details about the event’s promotional opportunities.
More information about the AASA Technology Conference, registration, hotel accommodations and agenda are at aasatech.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Margaret Beck, 919-406-8828 or email@example.com
The AASA Technology Council (ATC) is a forum for networking and exchange of best practices focusing on current and emerging technologies that support members’ efforts to reduce costs, improve efficiencies and pursue new business opportunities. More information is at www.aasatechnology.org
AASA (www.aftermarketsuppliers.org) exclusively serves manufacturers of aftermarket components, tools and equipment, and related products, an important part of the automotive parts manufacturing industry which supports 871,000 American jobs. AASA is a recognized industry change agent – promoting a collaborative industry environment, providing a forum to address issues and serving as a valued resource for members. AASA is the light vehicle aftermarket division of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA). “AASA, The Voice for the Automotive Aftermarket Supplier Industry”