2023 Joint EV Trends and Outlook Forecast
In this report, readers will find the latest updates about growth and forecast for the EV automotive aftermarket:
- A complete projection of the growth of EV of new car sales and vehicles in operation (VIO) through the year 2045 under three scenarios: base, low, and high EV adoption;
- Projections on total BEV model count by vehicle class, showing how the popular SUV style is driving EV design as vehicle manufacturers provide more options;
- How EV affects the growth of aftermarket parts sales through 2030, 2035, 2040, and 2045
New this year is an exploration of what the growth in EVs means for our service facility partners.
MEMA Aftermarket Suppliers, in partnership with The Auto Care Association, commissioned this report to provide our members with the information needed to stay up to date on this important channel. We are committed to being the first place you go for industry views on how developments like EV adoption will impact the industry.
Made possible by the invaluable contributions of our research partners, this study was spearheaded by Strategy &, the strategy division of PwC, with contributors IMR Inc. and Schwartz Advisors.
This report is included as a free benefit for MEMA Aftermarket Supplier members. Not a member? Purchase this report for $1,500.
Want a preview? A brief summary of topics is provided below.
- Executive Summary/Key Takeaways
- Adoption Drivers: High, Medium, and Low Scenarios
- Total Cost of Ownership
- Forecast of EV sales through 2045
- Forecast of EV parc/vehicles in operation through 2045
- EV Effect of Parts Categories by 2045
- Incremental growth in parts due to EV and ADAS
- Impact on the service sector and repair facilities
- Customer-centric trends shaping the EV aftermarket service future in China
- Sales impact over time on key product categories