Made up of motor vehicle parts suppliers both small and large and serving every major segment of the motor vehicle industry, MEMA’s Government Affairs Committee (GAC) determines the key legislative and regulatory priorities of MEMA on the state and federal level.
There are three standing subcommittees under the GAC.
The Regulatory Affairs Subcommittee (RAS), serves as a sounding board on emerging and recurring regulatory issues including those related to fuel efficiency and labor.
The Vehicle Safety Subcommittee (VSS) provides valuable insight and guidance on specific vehicle safety issues and policies related to legislative activities and rulemakings.
The Environment and Materials Management Subcommittee (EMMS) focuses on federal and state environmental and chemical policy issues and provides policy direction on mobile source emissions, fuel efficiency, chemical regulation, and other issues as necessary.
Registration is free for all members of AASA, HDMA, MERA and OESA.
Members of AASA, HDMA, MERA or OESA who wish to join the GAC, please contact Catherine Boland.
2019 GAC Dates
- Tuesday, March 5 in Washington, DC
- Thursday, June 6 in Southfield, MI
- Thursday, September 12 in Washington, DC
- Wednesday, December 11 in Southfield, MI
2020 GAC Dates
- Wednesday, February 12 in Washington, DC- Registration now open!
- Wednesday, May 20 in Southfield, MI
- Wednesday, September 16 in Washington, DC
- Monday, December 7 in Southfield. MI